Saturday, September 01, 2007

40th Wedding Anniversary

Well today the love of my life and I completed 40 years together as husband and wife. One of the more striking features of this day, was the realization that time has passed quickly. It seemed like yesterday when two kids really too young to recognize what they were entering into joined their hearts to voice several "I do's" and began a life journey together.

A journey that has involved multiple ups and downs, a lot of "in sickness and in heal, for better and for worse, in good times and bad," along with four children and ten grandchildren (and counting).

So thankful to the Lord for a life-partner who is a great encourager and supporter, who is both stronger, and wiser than I. A woman who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. The longer I share life with her, the better it is, and the more my love grows. I love her so much more now than I did back in 1967.

Maybe the greatest feature of this day, is a renewed awareness of how blessed I am - 40 years marked by God's grace and love.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Congratulation you two are to be commended. You both got married at what 10? or so....

Peace
Alan

Anonymous said...

Well, you've been married for longer than I've been alive.